7-9 September 2017
The partner institutions of the European Summer School on Cold War History are jointly convening the 9th edition of the SciencesPo Campus of Reims, in northeast France, on 7-9 September 2016.
The Summer School is a unique conference specifically designed for PhD students and early career researchers to discuss the effects of the Cold War in the fields of politics, culture, and diplomacy, to name only a few.
The School consists of workshops and panel sessions focused on submitted research papers, debates on historiographical and methodology, as well as practical sessions on publishing and academic careers. The school offers an informal atmosphere in which new ideas and research directions can be shared and debated, be it in panel sessions, or over coffee and meals.
The school has a very high student to faculty ratio (2:1) allowing participants to have in depth discussions about their research with established scholars in the field.
The faculty includes prominent scholars, among others:
- Sara Lorenzini (Università di Trento)
- Kaeten Mistry (University of East Anglia)
- Piers Ludlow (LSE)
- Leopoldo Nuti (Università Roma Tre)
- Mario Del Pero (Sciences Po, Paris)
- Eirini Karamouzi (University of Sheffield)
- Sarah Miller-Davenport (University of Sheffield)
- David Milne (University of East Anglia)
- Silvio Pons (Università di Roma Tor Vergata)
- Oliver Rathkolb (Universität Wien)
- Federico Romero (EUI)
- Antonio Varsori (Università di Padova)
- Vladislav Zubok (LSE)
- Michele Di Donato (SciencesPo, Paris)